Legend has it that the waters of Alzola were discovered around 1776 by ??a local children who bathed in winter at the Deba River , in an area of ??temperate waters. That aroused the interest and curiosity of the medical authorities of the time. However, 1843 was the year when the water Alzola was declared of public utility, even if there were talking on its medicinal mineral properties in 1802 .

Three years later, in 1846, opened the doors first Alzola bathhouse, with the name of Alzola Urberoaga. At that time, the facility had four baths and a common pool, which left room for twelve people.

In 1846 the Grand Bath House was inaugurated, with more than 2000 visitors and the awarding of multiple prizes, including the Medal of Merit granted by King Alfonso XII. The large influx of people to facilities, made ??several extensions necessary both in the bathrooms and in the service , thus leading to what became known as the Grand Bath House of Alzola.

It is the late nineteenth century, early twentieth century, when the Bath House has its highest honor . Proof of this are the more than two thousand visitors came to house seasonal and awards received by  BasqueWater in competitions such as the International Exposition held in France in 1900 where it was awarded the silver and bronze medals , or the Exhibition of Buenos Aires in 1911 when it was awarded the diploma of honor.

The Bath House of Alzola closes its doors in 1976 due to the occasion of a huge cost involved the maintenance of facilities and the reforms required all its dependencies.  Having gone through the civil war in which the balneary became a blood hospital for both sides, the actual mineral water factory was set up. Water was initially supplied only in pharmacies and subsequently extensively in all market segments.

Three years later , in 1846 , opened the doors first Alzola bathhouse , with the name of Alzola Urberoaga . At that time , the facility had four baths and a common pool , which left room for twelve people.

In 1846 the Grand Bath House was inaugurated, with more than 2000 visitors and the awarding of multiple prizes, including the Medal of Merit granted by King Alfonso XII. The large influx of people to facilities, made ??several extensions necessary both in the bathrooms and in the service , thus leading to what became known as the Grand Bath House of Alzola.

Esta página utiliza cookies: ver política de cookies

Los ajustes de cookies de esta web están configurados para "permitir cookies" y así ofrecerte la mejor experiencia de navegación posible. Si sigues utilizando esta web sin cambiar tus ajustes de cookies o haces clic en "Aceptar" estarás dando tu consentimiento a esto.

Cerrar